Versions are points-in-time for a project. They help you schedule and organize your releases. Once a version is created and issues are assigned to it, you can use the version to filter information in various reports. If you’ve integrated Jira with Bamboo, you can start a build automatically.
How do I use FIX versions in Jira?
Step 1: Create a version in Jira Software
- Navigate to your project.
- In the project menu, click on Releases.
- Select the Version name text box, enter a name, and click Add. Version names are typically numeric, for example, 1.0 or 2.1. You could also consider using an internal codename.
How do Releases Work in Jira?
Release your version in Jira Software
- Go to the project that your version is in, and then click Releases > your desired version.
- On the version page, click the Release button.
- The release dialog will be displayed.
- Enter the details for the release, then click the Release button.
What is the difference between release and version in Jira?
In JIRA, versions are intended to indicate an actual version of your software (2.3. … However, depending on how your software is being delivered, you could also use releases in this field. For instance, our project has time-boxed releases where the content of the release is flexible but the release date is not.
How do I manage a release in Jira?
Ship It: Release Management in Jira and Confluence
- Using Fix Versions. The first step in managing releases in Jira is to create a version. …
- Using the Fix Version. Once you have created a release, you can assign it to any issue type in Jira by setting the fix version/s field to that version. …
- Tracking and Reporting Releases.
23 мая 2018 г.
Who can create versions in Jira?
What happens when you release a version in Jira?
1 answer. You enter a release version and all the issues in the done column are stamped with that version. As the board filter is (usually) set to say “consider anything with a version as release and don’t put it on the board”, that’s how it clears stuff out.
What is build and release in Jira?
A release is created from a single build. If you have connected JIRA Software to Bamboo, you can automatically run a Bamboo build when you release a version. … So, primary purpose of the build option is to automatically run Bamboo build if Bamboo and JIRA are connected.
What are Jira releases?
You can choose to create either a project release or a cross-project release. … Cross-project releases help you organize multiple releases across different Jira projects — think of it as grouping together related releases into a single cross-project release.
How do I add a date in Jira?
Portfolio for Jira allows you to configure your release dates in a few easy steps:
- Go to your plan > Releases.
- Create a new release or select an existing one.
- Select Edit.
- Configure the dates and close the window. Start Date. Description. As early as possible.
What is difference between version and release?
Normally Release is more about the “action” to distribute the software to interested candidates, while “version” is an identifier of certain snapshot of the software (mostly a meaningful snapshot). Therefore, in most case, as we need to identify certain release of the application, we will have a version assigned.
What is the difference between version and edition?
To give an example: over a span of one year, there were many many versions of my thesis, but there was only one edition of it (the final, published work). For one, ‘edition’ pertains to a publication of sorts in particular, whereas ‘version’ could pertain to anything from a software program to a narrated story.
What is the latest version of Jira?
View all versions
- 8.7. 8.7.1. 09-Feb-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.6. 8.6.1. 08-Jan-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.5. 8.5. 9 (long term support)? 11-Oct-2020. …
- 8.4. 8.4.3. 07-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.3. 8.3.5. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.2. 8.2.6. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.1. 8.1.3. 15-Sep-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.0. 8.0.3. 09-Jul-2019. Release notes.
Is Jira a deployment tool?
Jira Software uses information from your code repository to associate Jira issues with builds and deployments.
What is the difference between release and deploy?
A release is a polished, tested version that is published, typically with a version number one greater than the last release. To deploy means to push a new release to one or more machines, updating the current version. In web development, this means updating the version hosted on the production servers.
What is the role of a release manager?
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. … The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.