In Jira Software, click or > Issues. Click Issue type schemes > find your project > click Edit. Drag and drop the initiative issue type to the issue types for your project. In your plan, click Settings > Hierarchy configuration.
What is an initiative in Jira?
Think of them as higher-level business priorities or big projects potentially spanning multiple teams. So in Jira Portfolio, you can combine the work from multiple agile teams and roll them up into larger initiatives.
How do I turn on issue linking in Jira?
A status message indicates whether issue linking is enabled.
Configuring the order of linked issues
- Choose > System.
- In General configuration, click Advanced Settings.
- Click the jira. view. issue. links. sort. order value to edit it. Separate the ‘Key’, ‘type’, ‘status’, ‘priority’ and ‘resolution’ values with commas.
How do I add statuses in Jira?
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrators permission.
- Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left.
- Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
What does initiative mean?
(Entry 1 of 2) 1 : an introductory step took the initiative in attempting to settle the issue. 2 : energy or aptitude displayed in initiation of action : enterprise showed great initiative. 3a : the right to initiate legislative action.
What are issue types in Jira?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
What is blocked in Jira?
Thierry, often times people will use a “Blocked” status for something that has another obstacle before it can be fully completed. For example: Your team is attempting to build a plugin for JIRA. However, you’ve realized that your test or development servers are in use by somebody else in the company.
How do I reference a ticket in Jira?
Mentioning Jira issues does work already, it just is a bit buggy! All you have to do is put the Ticket ID like TML-384 in the description or comment field, followed by a white space. The white space or line break is necessary, otherwise it does not work.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do I change status in Jira?
You can change the settings at any time.
- In Jira, click the Settings (cog) icon on the left side panel, and select Issues.
- On the Issues page, select Workflows from the left sidebar.
- Click Edit on the right side of the workflow containing the transition you want to edit.
What is a status in Jira?
A Status used for Jira Issues are the stages a particular issue, or issues, are currently at in their lifecycle – the workflow. We use Status in the Issue workflow to allow for numerous different meanings. The typical Statuses that are in a Project Management project are: To Do, In Progress and Done.
How do I add a column in Jira?
If your board is using Simplified Workflow:
- Go to the desired board, then click Board > Configure.
- Click the Columns tab.
- Click the Add Status button at the right of the page. Note that the Add Status button is only available if you have the Jira ‘Project Administrator’ permission for this board’s project.
What are examples of initiative?
If you’re still struggling to think of an example of when you’ve shown initiative…
- Innovative thinking.
- Confidence and the self-belief to try something new.
- Being quick to learn.
- How proactive you can be.
What is another word for initiative?
Synonyms & Antonyms of initiative
How do you show initiative at work?
Here are nine tips to help you be one of those proactive professionals and take more initiative at work:
- Never Stand Still. …
- Do More Than is Required Of You. …
- Think as a Team Member, Not An Employee. …
- Speak Up And Share Your Ideas. …
- Fake It Till You Make It. …
- Consider Every Opportunity. …
- Always Be Prepared. …
- Be Self-Promotional.