How do I show epics in Jira?
Epics Panel: Go to the Backlog and open the Epics Panel to view and manage your epics. List of epics: The Epics Panel displays a list of all epics in your project. View issues in epic: Click an epic’s name to view all the issues belonging to that epic, across all sprints.
What is created but is not currently visible?
The simple answer though – “Your issue has been created but is not currently visible” means what it says. You have just created an issue that does not match the rules for what you have chosen to see on your board.
How do I hide completed epics in Jira?
The best way to remove the done epic from everywhere (specially the board) is to edit the Filter Query on the board to exclude the done epics.
To complete an epic:
- Navigate to the Backlog of your Board.
- Open the Epics Panel on the left.
- Click the drop-down arrow for your epic, and select Mark as Done.
How do I enable Epic panel in Jira?
To enable this:
- Go to the Kanban’s Board Configuration.
- Here select the *Columns* page.
- Here you will have to move a status to be on the *backlog* column.
- Once the backlog is enabled, then the *Epics panel* option will show up on the page. Make sure you select this.
What is spike in Jira?
Everything is an issue in Jira. Like a story, task, spike is also an issue, whereas a spike cannot be treated as a story because it is termed as a spike because of lack of clarity. … The assignee who investigates the spike allocates the time to resolve (Not Story points).
How do I link a story to an epic in Jira?
Go to the story that you wish to add to the epic and follow these steps:
- Edit > Epic Link > Click the drop down and select the Epic Link that matches what you want.
- If Epic Link is not showing on the Configured Fields, follow these steps: Edit > Configure Fields (top right) > Select Epic Link.
How do I delete a board in Jira?
- Select Boards from the top menu.
- Click View All Boards.
- Click on the “…” at the right of the board you want to delete.
- I see Board Settings, Move, Copy, Delete.
Can I delete an epic in Jira?
In order to delete an Epic, you can simply access the Issue screen itself and go to More > Delete. Please note this will remove on the Epic itself and none of the issues associated to it.
How do I hide the epics on my Kanban board?
It is possible to hide Epics from a Kanban Board while still maintaining the issue count in the columns. In order to achieve this, you will want to use Quick Filters. When users click on this Quick Filter, they will see all issues but epics, and the issue count will remain the same.
What does backlog mean in Jira?
list of features
What is link issue in Jira use for?
Issue linking allows you to create an association between two existing issues on either the same or different Jira servers. For example: An issue may relate to another. An issue may duplicate another.
What is an issue in Jira?
In Jira, teams use issues to track individual pieces of work that must be completed. Depending on how your team uses Jira, an issue could represent a project task, a helpdesk ticket, a leave request form, etc. In Jira Software, issues typically represent things like big features, user requirements, and software bugs.