If Jira was installed using the automated Windows or Linux installers, the default location of the Jira home directory is: C:Program FilesAtlassianApplication DataJIRA (on Windows) or. /var/atlassian/application-data/JIRA (on Linux)
Where is Jira config properties?
properties file located in <jira-home> directory as is also outlined in Advanced JIRA application configuration. You can also use the jira-config. properties file to customize Jira Data Center as long as you deployed through the AWS Quick Start.
What type of database does Jira use?
Jira requires a relational database to store its issue data. If you are setting up a completely new Jira installation, the Jira setup wizard will configure a database connection for you to either Jira’s internal H2 or an external database. Jira’s internal H2 database is suitable for evaluation purposes.
How do I create a database in Jira?
Jira configuration tool
- Run the Jira configuration tool as follows: Windows: Open a command prompt and run config. …
- Navigate to the Database tab and set Database type to MySQL.
- Fill out the fields, as described in the Database connection fields section below.
- Test your connection and save.
- Restart Jira.
What is JIRA home directory?
The Jira home directory contains key data that help define how Jira works. This document outlines the purpose of the various files and subdirectories within the Jira home directory. … C:Program FilesAtlassianApplication DataJIRA (on Windows) or. /var/atlassian/application-data/JIRA (on Linux)
Where is server XML in Jira?
xml. This file (located at the root of your Jira home directory) defines all details for Jira’s database connection. This file is typically created by running the Jira setup wizard on new installations of Jira or by configuring a database connection using the Jira configuration tool.29 мая 2018 г.
What is a scheme in Jira?
A JIRA scheme is a collection of configured values that can be used by one or more JIRA projects. For example, a Notification scheme describes who receives email when issues are changed. The same Notification scheme can be used by more than one JIRA project.
Is Jira a relational database?
Jira requires a relational database to store its issue data. If you are setting up a completely new Jira installation, the Jira setup wizard will configure a database connection for you to either Jira’s internal H2 or an external database.
What is the Fixversion in Jira?
Although it can be useful for tracking problems, it isn’t used very often in Jira. Fix version is the version where you plan on releasing a feature or bugfix to customers. This field is used for release planning, monitoring progress and velocity, and is used widely in reporting. This is most likely the field you want.
How do you set up a database?
Create a blank database
- On the File tab, click New, and then click Blank Database.
- Type a file name in the File Name box. …
- Click Create. …
- Begin typing to add data, or you can paste data from another source, as described in the section Copy data from another source into an Access table.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
What is issue type in Jira?
An issue type scheme determines which issue types will be available to a project or set of projects. It also manages specifying the order in which the issue types will present in the user interface of JIRA, while creating an Issue. An issue type scheme generates as soon as the project is added in the JIRA.
How do I view Jira logs?
How to access JIRA Server Logs
- Go to the directory where you have installed JIRA on your server. …
- For UNIX server : If the directory name is JIRA. …
- For Windows server : You can access logs from C:Program FilesAtlassianJIRAlogscatalina<Date>.log and C:Program FilesAtlassianApplication DataJIRAlogatlassian-jira.log.
How do I set home in Jira?
- Use the JIRA configuration tool to change the location of your JIRA home directory. Edit the jira-applications.properties file. …
- Set an environment variable in your operating system. Set an environment variable named JIRA_HOME in your operating system whose value is the location of your JIRA home directory.
How do I install Jira?
Install a Jira application
- Download Jira. Download the installer for your operating system:
- Run the installer.
- Choose set up method. Choose I’ll set it up myself.
- Connect to your database. …
- Set application properties. …
- Enter your license. …
- Create your administrator account. …
- Set up email notifications.