Jira Software has a range of reports that you can use to show information about your project, versions, epics, sprints, and issues. The documentation in this section will help you configure and use the reports in Jira Software.
What kind of reports we can generate from Jira?
We can generate following reports in JIRA:
- 1) Average Age Report: It shows that how many issues are pending or unsolved. …
- 2) Issue Created vs. Resolved Issues Report: …
- 3) Pie chart Report: …
- 4) Project Pivot Report: …
- 5) Recently Created issue Report:
How do I find reports in Jira?
To access reports in JIRA, the user should go to Project → choose Specific project. The following screenshot shows how to navigate to a specific project. Click on the Reports icon on the left side of the page. It will display all the reports supported by JIRA.
How do I create a report in Jira?
A report page will be created with sample text and a series of pie charts, using the Jira Chart macro.
Create a Status Report
- Choose Create from template in the Confluence header.
- Select Jira report and hit Next.
- Select a Status report and hit Next.
- Enter the information required for the report and hit Create.
What is Sprint report in Jira?
The Sprint Report shows the list of issues in each sprint. It is useful for your Sprint Retrospective meetings, and also for mid-sprint progress checks. If you have Jira Software connected to Confluence, you can create a ‘Retrospectives’ page via the Linked pages link.
What is average age report in Jira?
Report: Average Age Report
Shows the average age of unresolved issues for a project or filter. This helps you see whether your backlog is being kept up to date.
Is Jira a reporting tool?
Reporting helps you track and analyze your team’s work throughout a project. Jira Software has a range of reports that you can use to show information about your project, versions, epics, sprints, and issues.
How do I extract a report in Jira?
In your plan, click the Reports tab to display the reports section for your plan. From the switch report menu, select Releases or Scope. If necessary, click and configure the display settings of the report. Click the Export button > select the location where you want to save the CSV file.
What is difference between Jira and Bugzilla?
JIRA is a tool created by Australian Company Atlassian. It is used for bug tracking, issue tracking, moreover project management. Bugzilla is a web-based bug tracking program created by the Mozilla Foundation. The program is used to maintain track of Mozilla’s projects, including the Firefox web browser.
How do I create a report in Jira Service Desk?
Jira Service Desk tracks requests by time.
To create a report to see your average resolution by issue type:
- From your service desk project, go to Reports.
- Click New report.
- Enter “Resolution by issue type” as the Name.
- Add the following series and click Create:
21 мая 2019 г.
How do I report a bug in Jira?
1. Capturing bugs. Using Jira Software, your team members can capture bugs anywhere in your projects. When a team member identifies a bug, they can create an issue and add all the relevant details – for example, a description of the issue, the level of its severity, the software version, and more.
How do I create a report from Excel in Jira?
Here’s how you can do it:
- Stop your Jira instance.
- Enter the jira-home> directory and find the jira-config. properties file. If your Jira installation is new, you might not see it. …
- Now it’s time to edit the file and add a parameter in a new line: jira. export. excel. …
- Save the configuration file. Close it.
- Restart Jira.
How do I write a sprint report?
Sprint review report
- Dates of the sprint.
- Information about the team and its team members with an overview of their capacity and effort done in the sprint.
- An overview of sprint achievements.
- Burn down chart displaying the progress of the sprint.
- List of sprint backlog items and their status.
What is a sprint report?
A Sprint Report will provide you with a list of all associated tasks of the Sprint and their status. You can clearly see how many of those tasks weren’t completed and were pushed back to the backlog or reprioritized and/or sent to another active sprint.
What are the features of JIRA?
Overview of Jira Features
- Customizable workflows.
- Unlimited custom fields.
- Bugs and defect management.
- Seamless source and issue integration.
- Search and filtering.
- Advanced reporting.
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards.
- Advanced security and administration.