The “Resolution” field is an important feature in Jira. It specifies the reason an issue is closed and removes the need of having multiple statuses with the purpose of stating why the issue is closed, thus capturing important data for your team while reducing the time you have to manage your workflow.
What does resolution mean in Jira?
noindex. As a Jira administrator, you can manage or customize default issue statuses, resolutions, and priorities. Statuses represent the position of an issue in its workflow. A status can be mapped to one workflow step. Resolutions are the ways in which an issue can be closed.
How do I set resolution in Jira?
Resolution Set Using a Screen
- Locate your Workflow: > Issues > Workflows.
- Click Edit under Actions for your workflow.
- Select your the Done transition and Click Edit.
- Select the Resolve Issue Screen for the Screen field. By Default, JIRA comes with a ‘Resolve Issue Screen’
What are the different status in Jira?
Here’s a list of the statuses that come with JIRA products, depending on what projects you’ve created on your site.
- Open. The issue is open and ready for the assignee to start work on it.
- In Progress. This issue is being actively worked on at the moment by the assignee.
- Done. …
- To Do. …
- In Review. …
- Under review. …
- Approved. …
What is resolution date in Jira?
Resolved date is set when you set or change the resolution. It will be cleared when you clear your resolution (i.e. in a postfunction). See also: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOCSPRINT/Resolved,+Resolution+and+Resolution+Date.
What is a Jira status?
In JIRA, workflow is used to track the lifecycle of an Issue. Workflow is a record of statuses and transitions of an issue during its lifecycle. A status represents the stage of an issue at a particular point. An issue can be in only one status at a given point of time like Opened, To Do, Done, Closed, Assigned, etc.
What is an issue resolution?
1. Issue resolution. The model Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act sets up a process for resolving work health and safety issues within the workplace. It applies after a work health and safety matter is raised but not resolved to the satisfaction of any party after discussing the matter.
How do I complete a task in Jira?
1) Add a “Task Report Macro” and filter for only complete or incomplete tasks. This will show you that only the ones with the checkmarks are considered “Complete”. 2) Go to your profile and click on “Tasks”. Once there you should be able to filter for “Complete” or “Incomplete”.
What JIRA is used for?
JIRA is a project management tool used for issues and bugs tracking system. It is widely used as an issue-tracking tool for all types of testing. This tutorial introduces the readers to the fundamental features, usage, and advantages of JIRA.
What are issues in Jira?
In Jira, teams use issues to track individual pieces of work that must be completed. Depending on how your team uses Jira, an issue could represent a project task, a helpdesk ticket, a leave request form, etc. In Jira Software, issues typically represent things like big features, user requirements, and software bugs.
How do I create a custom status in Jira?
Define A New Status
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrators permission.
- Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left.
- Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
What is a resolution date?
The date (and time) when the event ends or returns to baseline. (