‘Affects version’ and ‘Fix version’ are two distinct fields in Jira, although they draw their options from the same list of versions. While the ‘Affects version’ assigns an issue to a specific version, the ‘Fix version’ field is used to indicate the future version where the issue will be resolved.
What are versions in Jira?
Versions are points-in-time for a project. They help you schedule and organize your releases. Once a version is created and issues are assigned to it, you can use the version to filter information in various reports. If you’ve integrated Jira with Bamboo, you can start a build automatically.
How do I enable fix version in Jira?
- Click on Projects -> Choose the appropriate project.
- At the Project Summary Page -> Click on the Administration tab.
- On the left pane , click on Versions.
- Fill in the Name of the versions and Description then click on the Add button.
- Repeat Step 4 until you are done adding all the versions.
What is the difference between release and version in Jira?
In JIRA, versions are intended to indicate an actual version of your software (2.3. … However, depending on how your software is being delivered, you could also use releases in this field. For instance, our project has time-boxed releases where the content of the release is flexible but the release date is not.
What is the latest Jira version?
View all versions
- 8.7. 8.7.1. 09-Feb-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.6. 8.6.1. 08-Jan-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.5. 8.5. 9 (long term support)? 11-Oct-2020. …
- 8.4. 8.4.3. 07-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.3. 8.3.5. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.2. 8.2.6. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.1. 8.1.3. 15-Sep-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.0. 8.0.3. 09-Jul-2019. Release notes.
How do I use Jira versions?
Step 1: Create a version in Jira Software
- Navigate to your project.
- In the project menu, click on Releases.
- Select the Version name text box, enter a name, and click Add. Version names are typically numeric, for example, 1.0 or 2.1. You could also consider using an internal codename.
How do I manage versions in Jira?
Managing a project’s versions
- Choose Administration ( ) > Projects, and select the relevant project.
- Choose Versions in the left menu. The Versions page is displayed, showing a list of versions and each version’s status. From here you can manage the project’s versions as described on this page.
What happens when you release a version in Jira?
1 answer. You enter a release version and all the issues in the done column are stamped with that version. As the board filter is (usually) set to say “consider anything with a version as release and don’t put it on the board”, that’s how it clears stuff out.
How do I bulk edit in Jira?
To perform a bulk change, select the issues you would like to change and then right click to select bulk change. The bulk change wizard will walk you through the change process through an easy-to-follow wizard. Super simple. Pro Tip: Keep in mind, Jira sends notifications on changes.
How do I add a release in Jira?
To create a project release:
- In the releases view of the plan, go to the project for which you want to create a release.
- Click Create release next to the project name. …
- Give the new release a name. …
- Add a description for the new release.
- For the start date, choose from one of the following options, and then set the date:
What is difference between version and release?
Normally Release is more about the “action” to distribute the software to interested candidates, while “version” is an identifier of certain snapshot of the software (mostly a meaningful snapshot). Therefore, in most case, as we need to identify certain release of the application, we will have a version assigned.
What is the difference between version and edition?
To give an example: over a span of one year, there were many many versions of my thesis, but there was only one edition of it (the final, published work). For one, ‘edition’ pertains to a publication of sorts in particular, whereas ‘version’ could pertain to anything from a software program to a narrated story.
What is the difference between a release and a sprint?
The short answer is that a Sprint is a feature or set of features within an product release while a Release is the complete feature set for that particular version of the product.
Can we install Jira for free?
Other ways to install Jira:
Evaluation – get your free trial up and running in no time. Zip – install Jira manually from a zip file. Linux – install Jira on a Linux operating system.
Does Jira have a free version?
We offer a Free plan for Jira Software for up to 10 users, 2GB of storage, and Community Support. If you’d like to add more than 10 users or get access to more support and storage, you can sign up for a 7-day free trial of our Standard or Premium plan. … You can add and remove users as your team changes.