A field configuration lets you define the behavior of all issue fields, including custom fields, that are available in your Jira applications. For each field, a field configuration lets you set: The description that appears under the field when an issue is edited.
How do I create a field configuration in Jira?
How to edit a field description
- Select > Issues.
- In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
- Click Configure next to the field configuration you wish to edit.
- Click Edit next to the field you want to update.
- Enter a new description and click Update.
What are Jira custom fields?
Jira application issues are made up of fields. You can choose any number of fields to appear when creating, editing, or transitioning issues. You can also create custom fields for teams working on issues within any of your Jira projects. Custom fields allow people to add information specific to your team’s needs.
How do I add a field in Jira?
Adding a new custom field
- Go to Jira Administration > Issues.
- Select Custom fields from the menu in the Fields section.
- Click Add custom field.
- Depending on the type of custom fields, select: …
- Click Next.
- Configure the selection criteria for the field. …
- Click Create.
How do I configure Jira?
How to enable Jira Software features
- Choose > Products.
- In the Jira Software section, click Jira Software configuration.
- Click the checkboxes for the features you want to enable.
What is field configuration?
A field configuration lets you define the behavior of all issue fields, including custom fields, that are available in your Jira applications. For each field, a field configuration lets you set: The description that appears under the field when an issue is edited. Whether the field is hidden or visible.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
What are custom fields?
Custom fields, also referred to as post meta, is a feature in WordPress which allows users to add additional information when writing a post. … Users can display this meta data by using template tags in their WordPress themes. Examples of custom fields can be: Music you are Listening to while writing the post.
How do I create a custom field?
- Go to System Settings > Objects and Fields.
- Select the object you’ll be creating fields for. …
- Select Object Fields from the Object Management menu.
- Click New Field.
- Choose a field type and click Next.
- Complete the required fields: …
- Click Save Custom Field.
- Add the new field to a page layout.
How do I change field types in Jira?
You can also edit a custom field by clicking its screens or contexts link and then clicking Details > Edit Details. You can’t change the field’s type (for example, making a single-select field into a multi-select field). To change a field’s type, recreate the field using the desired type.
How do I see all issues in Jira?
Open the project issue navigator
- Choose Projects and select a starred or recent project, or choose View all projects and select a project.
- From your project’s sidebar, select Issues and filters.
- Select an issue filter, like All issues to view all issues in the project.
- Select an issue from the list to open it.
Where do I find Jira settings?
Changing the user default settings
- Log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission.
- Choose > System > Default user preferences to open the User Default Settings page.
- Click the Edit default values button. The User Default Settings window displays.
- Make the changes you wish to apply. …
- Click the Update button.
Where are Jira settings?
You can view and manage apps with access to your Jira account via the Personal settings page.
How do I start working in Jira?
Getting started with Jira tutorial: 6 basic steps
- Step 1 – Create a project. In the top-left corner, click the Jira home icon ( , , , ). …
- Step 2 – Pick a template. …
- Step 3 – Set up your columns. …
- Step 4 – Create an issue. …
- Step 5 – Invite your team. …
- Step 6 – Move work forward.