1 answer. You enter a release version and all the issues in the done column are stamped with that version. As the board filter is (usually) set to say “consider anything with a version as release and don’t put it on the board”, that’s how it clears stuff out.
How do I release a fix version in Jira?
Release your version in Jira Software
- Go to the project that your version is in, and then click Releases > your desired version.
- On the version page, click the Release button.
- The release dialog will be displayed.
- Enter the details for the release, then click the Release button.
What is the difference between release and version in Jira?
In JIRA, versions are intended to indicate an actual version of your software (2.3. … However, depending on how your software is being delivered, you could also use releases in this field. For instance, our project has time-boxed releases where the content of the release is flexible but the release date is not.
What is fix version in Jira?
Fix version is the version where you plan on releasing a feature or bugfix to customers. This field is used for release planning, monitoring progress and velocity, and is used widely in reporting.
What is a release version?
release version (plural release versions) A version label given to packaged computer software that has been made available to one or more target audiences.
How do I manage release versions?
The simplest thing to do is start your initial development release at 0.1. 0 and then increment the minor version for each subsequent release.
Who should close the Jira if the change is already in a production release?
The “Toggled by” field in a Story is used to indicate.. Who should close the jira if the change is already in a production release? The Dev Manager, The person that opened it, the QA that verified it, PMO.
What is difference between version and release?
Normally Release is more about the “action” to distribute the software to interested candidates, while “version” is an identifier of certain snapshot of the software (mostly a meaningful snapshot). Therefore, in most case, as we need to identify certain release of the application, we will have a version assigned.
What are Jira releases?
In Jira Software, each release is called a version. There are two ways to create versions in your project. Only project admins can create versions. From the Releases page. Select Releases in the project menu on the left.14 мая 2020 г.
What is the difference between version and edition?
To give an example: over a span of one year, there were many many versions of my thesis, but there was only one edition of it (the final, published work). For one, ‘edition’ pertains to a publication of sorts in particular, whereas ‘version’ could pertain to anything from a software program to a narrated story.
What is latest version of Jira?
View all versions
- 8.7. 8.7.1. 09-Feb-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.6. 8.6.1. 08-Jan-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.5. 8.5. 9 (long term support)? 11-Oct-2020. …
- 8.4. 8.4.3. 07-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.3. 8.3.5. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.2. 8.2.6. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.1. 8.1.3. 15-Sep-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.0. 8.0.3. 09-Jul-2019. Release notes.
How do I manage a release in Jira?
Ship It: Release Management in Jira and Confluence
- Using Fix Versions. The first step in managing releases in Jira is to create a version. …
- Using the Fix Version. Once you have created a release, you can assign it to any issue type in Jira by setting the fix version/s field to that version. …
- Tracking and Reporting Releases.
23 мая 2018 г.
How do I bulk edit in Jira?
To perform a bulk change, select the issues you would like to change and then right click to select bulk change. The bulk change wizard will walk you through the change process through an easy-to-follow wizard. Super simple. Pro Tip: Keep in mind, Jira sends notifications on changes.
When should I change my major version?
There are simple rules that indicate when you must increment each of these versions:
- MAJOR is incremented when you make breaking API changes.
- MINOR is incremented when you add new functionality without breaking the existing API or functionality.
- PATCH is incremented when you make backwards-compatible bug fixes.
How do you release numbers?
Semantic versioning is a formal convention for specifying compatibility using a three-part version number: major version; minor version; and patch. The patch number is incremented for minor changes and bug fixes which do not change the software’s application programming interface (API).
What is a major software release?
Major Release means a new version of Software that includes changes to the architecture and/or adds new features and functionality in addition to the original functional characteristics of the preceding software release.