As a Jira administrator, you can manage or customize default issue statuses, resolutions, and priorities. Statuses represent the position of an issue in its workflow. A status can be mapped to one workflow step. Resolutions are the ways in which an issue can be closed.
How do I set resolution in Jira?
Resolution Set Using a Screen
- Locate your Workflow: > Issues > Workflows.
- Click Edit under Actions for your workflow.
- Select your the Done transition and Click Edit.
- Select the Resolve Issue Screen for the Screen field. By Default, JIRA comes with a ‘Resolve Issue Screen’
What is resolution date in Jira?
Resolved date is set when you set or change the resolution. It will be cleared when you clear your resolution (i.e. in a postfunction). See also: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOCSPRINT/Resolved,+Resolution+and+Resolution+Date.
How do I set status in Jira?
Define A New Status
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrators permission.
- Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left.
- Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
What is an issue resolution?
1. Issue resolution. The model Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act sets up a process for resolving work health and safety issues within the workplace. It applies after a work health and safety matter is raised but not resolved to the satisfaction of any party after discussing the matter.
What is resolved status in Jira?
In many workflows, one person/team will “resolve” an issue – meaning that once they believe they have fixed the problem, they transition the issue to a the Resolved status. Another person/team may then be responsible for testing the solution. If it passes, the issue can then be Closed.
What is a resolution date?
The date (and time) when the event ends or returns to baseline. (
Can we create dashboard in Jira?
Create a dashboard
You can create and customize your own dashboard to display the information you need. Only Jira admins can customize the system dashboard. Choose Dashboards > Create dashboard. Name your dashboard and add a description so your team knows when to use it.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
What is the issue management process?
Known as an issue management process, it’s a simple way to identify, address and resolve issues across teams and tasks. It involves three steps: Identify and record issues. Determine impact and prioritize issues. Create and execute a plan to resolve issues, reporting on status along the way.
What is the root word of resolution?
“Resolution” is from the Latin solvere “to loosen, release, explain.” Its original meaning “a breaking into parts,” has remained as it developed the sense of solving a conflict, and of image detail. The term “New Year’s resolution” (1780s) drew from the “determined” sense of the word (“resolute”).
What is a WHS issue?
Where a WHS issue arises that presents an immediate or serious risk to health or safety, then appropriate actions to ensure the health and safety of all persons is required in the first instance and this may include a cease to work.