What are versions in Jira?
Versions are points-in-time for a project. They help you schedule and organize your releases. Once a version is created and issues are assigned to it, you can use the version to filter information in various reports. If you’ve integrated Jira with Bamboo, you can start a build automatically.
Where are Jira board settings?
If you’re a board administrator or a Jira administrator, you can change the administrators of a board. See Permissions overview for more information. Go to your board, then select more ( ) > Board settings.
How do I manage multiple boards in Jira?
- From the project backlog;
- Create new board – Click on the Board drop down and select ‘+ Create Board’
- JIRA will display the Create a Board window.
- Click the Create a Scrum Board button.
- JIRA will display 2 radio button options.
- Select radio button – Create Board from an existing project and click NEXT.
How do I customize my board in Jira?
In your board, go to Board > Configure. Add statuses and change the workflow to suit your team structure. For instance if you want to show testing progress separate to dev progress, add a column. You can also switch on an indicator to help identify slow moving issues.20 мая 2019 г.
How do I use Jira versions?
Step 1: Create a version in Jira Software
- Navigate to your project.
- In the project menu, click on Releases.
- Select the Version name text box, enter a name, and click Add. Version names are typically numeric, for example, 1.0 or 2.1. You could also consider using an internal codename.
How do I manage versions in Jira?
Managing a project’s versions
- Choose Administration ( ) > Projects, and select the relevant project.
- Choose Versions in the left menu. The Versions page is displayed, showing a list of versions and each version’s status. From here you can manage the project’s versions as described on this page.
How do I manage a scrum board in Jira?
Step 1: Create a board
- Click Search ( ) > View all boards.
- Click Create board.
- Select a board type (either agility, Scrum, or Kanban).
- Select how you want your board created – You can either create a new project for your new board, or add your board to one or more existing projects.
How do I give someone access to my Jira board?
It’s important to note that you can only add existing groups and users, and you need to be a Jira Core admin to create the groups or users.
Add users to your project
- From your project’s sidebar, select Project settings > People.
- Select Add people.
- Search for Emma. …
- Select the Administrators role and select Add.
How do boards work in Jira?
A board displays issues from one or more projects, giving you a flexible way of viewing, managing, and reporting on work in progress. There are two types of boards in Jira Software: Scrum board — for teams that plan their work in sprints.
What is the difference between board and dashboard in Jira?
A board is a view of a selection of issues, that you can use to see and update them. It displays them in columns, with each column representing a step in your process for them. A dashboard is a place to collect together a set of reports that people might find useful.
Can a Jira project have multiple boards?
You can use a board that someone else has created, or create your own—you can create as many boards as you like. A project can have multiple boards, and a combination of Scrum, Kanban, and agility boards. Boards can display up to 5000 issues at a time.
What is the difference between a board and a project in Jira?
Hi @Manickaraja, Project is a collection of issues where we split requirements, tasks, and release plans within a project. Board is an intuitive representation of a project, which can include one or more projects, depending on the filter configuration of board, including kanban board and Scrum board modes.
What are the dots in Jira?
If you are running a JIRA Kanban board and you see these small grey dots at the bottom of the card and wondered what they are for, they indicate how long the issue has been in that particular column.
How do I change the layout of a Jira card?
- Click the Jira icon ( , , , or ) > Projects > then select the relevant project.
- Go to your Scrum backlog, Active sprints, Kanban backlog (if enabled), or Kanban board.
- Go to ••• > Board settings and click Card layout.
- Add or delete fields as desired.
What is card in Jira?
Jira Cards allow you to work with Jira issues right on the Miro boards. Go ahead and make them a part of collaborative retrospectives, story sizing, backlog prioritization, story mapping and other team activities.