Think of them as higher-level business priorities or big projects potentially spanning multiple teams. So in Jira Portfolio, you can combine the work from multiple agile teams and roll them up into larger initiatives.
How do I see initiatives in Jira?
In Jira Software, click or > Issues. Click Issue type schemes > find your project > click Edit. Drag and drop the initiative issue type to the issue types for your project.19 мая 2020 г.
What is a Jira story?
Stories, also called “user stories,” are short requirements or requests written from the perspective of an end user. Epics are large bodies of work that can be broken down into a number of smaller tasks (called stories).
How do I create a hierarchy in Jira?
You can create as many hierarchy levels as you want in Portfolio for JIRA by following these steps:
- Go to Portfolio> Administration > Portfolio Hierarchy Configuration and click + Create Level. …
- Type in the name and map the new level to a JIRA issue type.
- You can remove the level by selecting Remove.
What is an improvement in Jira?
Improvement − An improvement or enhancement to an existing feature or task. New Feature − A new feature of the product, which is yet to be developed. Story − A user story. Created by JIRA Software – do not edit or delete.
How do epics work in Jira?
An epic is a large body of work that can be broken down into a number of smaller stories, or sometimes called “Issues” in Jira. Epics often encompass multiple teams, on multiple projects, and can even be tracked on multiple boards. Epics are almost always delivered over a set of sprints.
What does initiative mean?
noun. an introductory act or step; leading action: to take the initiative in making friends. readiness and ability in initiating action; enterprise: to lack initiative. one’s personal, responsible decision: to act on one’s own initiative.
What are 3 C’s in user stories?
The Three ‘C’s
- Cardi The Card, or written text of the User Story is best understood as an invitation to conversation. …
- Conversation. The collaborative conversation facilitated by the Product Owner which involves all stakeholders and the team. …
What does != Mean in Jira?
DOES NOT MATCH
What’s the difference between a story and a task in Jira?
There is no true difference between a Story or a Task in JIRA Agile. If you need to break certain Stories up into items that have to be assigned to different teams I would advise you to convert this Story into an Epic and make new Stories of the sub tasks, these Stories can then be assigned to different teams.
What are the features of JIRA?
Overview of Jira Features
- Customizable workflows.
- Unlimited custom fields.
- Bugs and defect management.
- Seamless source and issue integration.
- Search and filtering.
- Advanced reporting.
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards.
- Advanced security and administration.
What are the Jira issue types?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
What is structure in Jira?
Structure for Jira is a project and portfolio management tool that’s just as indispensable for small teams as it is for large enterprises. Structure lets you create and manage hierarchical lists, called structures. A structure may contain Jira issues, folders and other types of items. … Multiple, shareable structures.
How do I add a risk in Jira?
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace.
- Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Risk Management for Jira via search.
How do I find the issue ID in Jira?
Here is how you can find the ID of an issue type:
- In JIRA, navigate to Administration > Issues > Issue Types page.
- On that page, hover your mouse cursor over the Edit operation link of an issue type.
What is the meaning of spike in Jira?
exploration Enabler Story