To configure the layout of the new Jira issue view—which fields appear and the order they appear in—open an issue and choose Configure at the bottom-right. To find out more about configuring the issue layout, check out Configure field layout in the issue view.
How do I create a field configuration in Jira?
How to edit a field description
- Select > Issues.
- In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
- Click Configure next to the field configuration you wish to edit.
- Click Edit next to the field you want to update.
- Enter a new description and click Update.
Where is my field in Jira?
When creating an issue there is a ‘configure fields’ option in the upper right hand corner. It pops up a window that displays ‘all fields’ for your screen scheme or you can do ‘customize’ to hide some of the fields. However, the screen will not scroll thru or show all fields.
How do I edit a field in Jira?
If you go to Request Types > Edit Fields and then click on ‘System’ it should tell you the field’s real name directly below.
What is Jira field configuration?
A field configuration lets you define the behavior of all issue fields, including custom fields, that are available in your Jira applications. For each field, a field configuration lets you set: The description that appears under the field when an issue is edited.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do I make a field not required in Jira?
Making a field required or optional
- To make a field mandatory when used through Jira’s user interface, click the Required link associated with that field. The text Required appears next to the field’s name. …
- To make a field optional, click the Optional link associated with that field.
What is a field in Jira?
Jira application issues are made up of fields. You can choose any number of fields to appear when creating, editing, or transitioning issues. You can also create custom fields for teams working on issues within any of your Jira projects. Custom fields allow people to add information specific to your team’s needs.
How do I make a resolution field editable in Jira?
2 answers. You do NOT make it editable. You should only set it when closing an issue, and, you should *always* set it, or Jira does not work properly. It does not matter if you think you don’t use it, Jira needs it to be used properly.
How do I configure Jira?
How to enable Jira Software features
- Choose > Products.
- In the Jira Software section, click Jira Software configuration.
- Click the checkboxes for the features you want to enable.
How do I see all issues in Jira?
Open the project issue navigator
- Choose Projects and select a starred or recent project, or choose View all projects and select a project.
- From your project’s sidebar, select Issues and filters.
- Select an issue filter, like All issues to view all issues in the project.
- Select an issue from the list to open it.
What are the three types of reports in Jira?
We can generate following reports in JIRA:
- 1) Average Age Report: It shows that how many issues are pending or unsolved. …
- 2) Issue Created vs. Resolved Issues Report: …
- 3) Pie chart Report: …
- 4) Project Pivot Report: …
- 5) Recently Created issue Report: