Jira (/ˈdʒiːrə/ JEE-rə) is a proprietary issue tracking product developed by Atlassian that allows bug tracking and agile project management.
What is mean by Jira?
JIRA is a tool developed by Australian Company Atlassian. … The name “JIRA” is actually inherited from the Japanese word “Gojira” which means “Godzilla”. The basic use of this tool is to track issue and bugs related to your software and Mobile apps. It is also used for project management.
What does Jira software do?
Jira Software is part of a family of products designed to help teams of all types manage work. Originally, Jira was designed as a bug and issue tracker. But today, Jira has evolved into a powerful work management tool for all kinds of use cases, from requirements and test case management to agile software development.
What is Jira and how does it work?
JIRA basics: an overview
JIRA is a centralized, highly customizable project management system. All projects are logged into a central database and each one goes through a number of workflows (processes). Workflows control the status of the project as well as the rules by which it transitions to other statuses.16 мая 2019 г.
How do I add a description in Jira?
Enter JIRA, press the ‘g’ key twice and type ‘custom fields’.
- Click on the button ‘Add Custom Field’, on the top right corner.
- Select a text field (multi-line or single line). …
- Give it a name and, optionally, a description.
- Click on Create.
- Select the project(s) checkboxes in which you want to include your custom field.
Who uses Jira?
Jira Software launched in 2002 as an issue tracking and project management tool for teams. Since then, over 65,000 companies globally have adopted Jira for its flexibility to support any type of project and extensibility to work with thousands of apps and integrations.
Why is jira so popular?
Jira software is popular in the agile world due to its well-managed workflow mapping and issue tracking ability. To support agile development cycle it has Scrum and Kanban boards along with various reports.
Is Jira a good tool?
And, unsurprisingly given its history, it’s exceedingly good at issue tracking. Let me reiterate: To write elegant software, you must keep both the macro and the micro vision in your mind simultaneously while working. JIRA is good at managing micro pieces. But you need something else for the macro.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
Is Jira a project management tool?
JIRA is one of the most popular project management tools on the market. And though it was originally designed as an agile methodology tool for software developers, people who do all kinds of work use JIRA today.15 мая 2019 г.
What is the best way to use Jira?
So without further ado, here are my 10 tricks to 10x your productivity in Jira.
- Use Filter Subscriptions as Reminders. …
- Create a Browser Search Engine. …
- Use Your Bookmarks Bar. …
- Use Keyboard Shortcuts. …
- Optimize Profile Settings. …
- Add Project and Navigation Links. …
- Connect to other Apps. …
- Get Read Only Database Access.
How do I get Jira for free?
You can host a fully functional copy of Jira Software on your own hardware for 30 days for free. Simply download Jira Software to get started. If you love it (and we think you will), you can continue using Jira Software by simply updating your existing instance with a purchased license key.
How do I get started with Jira?
Getting started with Jira tutorial: 6 basic steps
- Step 1 – Create a project. In the top-left corner, click the Jira home icon ( , , , ). …
- Step 2 – Pick a template. …
- Step 3 – Set up your columns. …
- Step 4 – Create an issue. …
- Step 5 – Invite your team. …
- Step 6 – Move work forward.
How do I create a custom field in Jira?
To create custom field in Jira:
- Go to Jira Administration > Issues.
- Select Custom fields from the menu in the Fields section.
- Click Add custom field.
- Depending on the type of custom fields, select: …
- Click Next.
- Configure the selection criteria for the field. …
- Click Create.
How do I create a ticket template in Jira?
- You can create new jira project, configure the custom schemes and call them as say ‘Dept A template’.
- While creating a new project, select ‘Create with shared configuration’
- And select ‘Dept A template’ project as source project and proceed with the creation.
How do I write a good ticket in Jira?
How to write a good JIRA ticket
- Before you file a bug, check that it’s not already filed. …
- Consider your audiences when writing the one-line summary. …
- Provide details. …
- Fill in the other fields. …
- If you explain a JIRA to someone (or ask someone for an explanation), update the JIRA.