To raise an issue as a Jira Service Desk issue, you need to use the Raise a Request option on the left-hand sidebar. Alternatively, the issue can come through your customer portal (recommended) or to a dedicated inbox over email, and this causes the issues to come in with a Request Type applied.
How do I create an issue in Jira?
Add a new issue type
- Select > Issues.
- Click Issue types > Add issue type.
- Enter a name and description for your new issue type.
- Choose between a standard or sub-task issue type. Sub-tasks can be used for smaller pieces of work that are associated with a standard issue.
- Click Add.
How do I raise access request in Jira?
Raise a customer request
- From your service desk project sidebar, select Raise a request ( ).
- Select the request type that matches your customer’s need.
- In the Raise this request on behalf of field, enter a new customer’s email address, or search for an existing customer:
- Fill in the request details. …
- Select Create.
How do I add an email to an issue in Jira?
Select the files, you want to attach to the Jira issue. To add the email as attachment to the Jira issue, select Add e-mail as attachment. To select the Add e-mail as attachment by default and specify the file format of the attached email, select Always add e-mail as attachment at Advanced Configuration > Common.
What is defect status in Jira?
During the time of the testing phase, the bug or defect is identified by the tester and it is logged in to the bug tracking tool such as Jira, Bugzilla, etc. The bug which is detected by the tester will be posted for the first time in a bug tracking tool. This status is assigned as a New status.
Is Jira a bug tracking tool?
Whether you’re using Bitbucket or your own source code management tool, Jira Software’s deep integration with your DVCS system ensures that bugs are resolved as quickly as possible, while keeping everyone on your team on the same page the entire time. Learn more about Jira Software and Bitbucket.
How do you create an issue?
To create an issue:
- Open Issue Tracker in your web browser.
- Click Create Issue. …
- Use the drop-down list to find the component where you want to create the issue. …
- (Optional) Choose a template that best applies to the issue you are reporting. …
- Enter a title in the Title field.
What are issues in Jira?
In Jira, teams use issues to track individual pieces of work that must be completed. Depending on how your team uses Jira, an issue could represent a project task, a helpdesk ticket, a leave request form, etc. In Jira Software, issues typically represent things like big features, user requirements, and software bugs.
What is the fix version?
Fix version is the version where you plan on releasing a feature or bugfix to customers. This field is used for release planning, monitoring progress and velocity, and is used widely in reporting.
How do I access Jira access?
- Go to your site’s Admin at admin.atlassian.com. If you’re an admin for multiple sites or an organization admin, click the site’s name and URL to open the Admin for that site.
- Select Site access > Access requests.
- Choose from the following options: All new users can request access. …
- Click Save changes.
How do you raise a support ticket with Atlassian?
To raise a support request at Atlassian Support:
- Log in as a System Administrator.
- Go to > Troubleshooting and support tools > Create support zip.
- If necessary, click Customize zip to choose what is included. …
- Click Create zip.
- Click Download zip to save it to the home directory of your Bitbucket Server instance.
How do I add an email to Confluence?
Confluence 4.0 and Earlier
- Go to Space Admin.
- Choose Mail Accounts.
- Add Pop Account.
How do I install Jira in Outlook?
To find older Outlook Email for Jira versions compatible with your instance, you can look through our version history page.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. …
- Locate Outlook Email for Jira.
- Click Free trial to download and install your app.
- Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
How do I save an email as an attachment?
Save a message as a file on your computer or in the cloud
- Double-click to open the message you want to save, and on the File menu, click Save As.
- In the Save as dialog box, in the Folder pane, choose a folder, and then the location in that selected folder where you want to save the file.