The new issue view uses Markdown editor and in order to mention another ticket, you can simply type the issue key and press space or enter/return for the text to be updated with the link.
How do I reference another ticket in Jira?
Mentioning Jira issues does work already, it just is a bit buggy! All you have to do is put the Ticket ID like TML-384 in the description or comment field, followed by a white space. The white space or line break is necessary, otherwise it does not work.
How do I mention in Jira?
To mention someone using autocomplete, type ‘@’ in the editor then start typing their name. Choose the person you want to mention from the list of suggestions. Confluence will suggest people you’ve mentioned previously (after yourself, of course). It then continues to suggest matches as you type.
How do I combine tickets in Jira?
You can’t merge tickets. However you can link both issues and mark one as a duplicate of the other. Thanks to automation rules, you can certainly update both tickets in the same time.
How do I change the ticket type in Jira?
Edit an issue type
- Select > Issues.
- Click Issue types.
- Find the relevant issue type and click Edit.
- Edit the issue type name, description, or avatar, and click Update.
How do I link a bug to a story in Jira?
Select Bug in issue type. In same screen find “issue” field, drop down will display the current US at the top, select it. This will create a link to the US you are currently looking at.
Can you link projects in jira?
Choose Administration ( ) > Projects. Select the project that contains the fields you need to configure. On the Jira project configuration page, go to the Fields section. On each field where you will create links, click the Renders link.
How do I mention someone in Jira Service Desk?
You can do this by accessing the cog in the top left, and selecting User Management. Then select the user, and check the box for JIRA Service Desk. As stated above, you can only @mention users with the browse project permission for that project.
How do I mention an issue in jira confluence?
Click on Insert and check on JIRA Issue/Filter Macro, type AI-1001 and press enter and click Insert. This Inserts the JIRA key on the page. If you want to link a confluence page on a JIRA Issue, click on link under “More” and select Confluence Page tab for a corresponding wiki page to be linked on that issue.
How do I link a ticket in a comment in Jira?
To an issue in the same Jira site
- Open the issue that you want to link to.
- Click more (•••) > Link > Jira Issue (or click the quick-add button in the new issue view)
- Choose the type of issue link (for example, “this issue is blocked by…”).
- Specify the issue(s) you want to link to by either:
How do I delete a JIRA ticket?
Please follow the steps below:
- Login to JIRA as administrator.
- Click on Cogwheel icon.
- Click on Projects.
- Select the project you need.
- Click on Permissions (left menu)
- Click on Actions button.
- Select Edit permissions.
- Search for ‘Delete issues’ permission, then click on ‘add’ next to it.
How do I change a story to a spike in Jira?
Click on the button and below “Convert to Sub-task” should be an option to “Move”. You should be able to move the issue to story and choose what to do with fields that are present/required in one scheme and not the other. If you don’t have the “issue type” field on your screen you won’t be able to change it.
How do I change a user story to a task in Jira?
1 answer. You can only directly “edit” an issue type to a type that is configured in the same way as the current type. If you use “move” and select the same project, you’ll be able to move it to any other issue type of the same class (i.e. parent or sub-task).
How do I bulk move in Jira?
- Perform a search with the required filters to produce a list of issues.
- Select Tools > Bulk Change.
- Select the issues you’d like to perform the bulk operation on, and select Next.
- Select Stop Watching Issues, and select Next.
- Review your bulk operation, and select Confirm when you are happy with the operation.