You should go to board settings -> swimlanes and choose Stories. In this case subtasks will be under the parent. I guess, the second board is a Scrum board. Subtasks are not visible in the Scrum boards in the Backlog view.
How do I show subtasks in active Sprint board?
- Go to your project board. –> Board settings. –> Select card layout.
- Select Sub-tasks from Field Name drop down and click on Add button.
- Do same for Active sprints.
How do I add estimates to a subtask in Jira?
You can add the original estimate/remaining estimate at either the create subtask dialog or in the edit dialog. To do so just add the ‘Time Tracking’ fields using the ‘Configure Fields’ button (shown in the image below).
How do I hide subtasks in Jira?
Under Board > configure you can change the filter query that is being used for the board to exclude subtasks.
How do I create a sub bug in Jira?
How to turn on bug & sub-bugs for a project in QaSpace Edited
- Log in as a user with the Administer projects project permission.
- Open the Cog menu at the top right of your JIRA window and click Projects.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Find TEST MANAGEMENT left side menu bar.
- Click the QaSpace Configuration button.
How do I see subtasks in Jira backlog?
Sub-tasks are normally not displayed on a backlog view, because they’re totally irrelevant there. It’s nonsense to try to rank them or put them into a sprint outside their parent, so even if you do show them in a backlog, there’s nothing you can usefully do with them. You must be a registered user to add a comment.
How do I use subtasks in Jira?
Convert an issue to a subtask
- Open the issue and click on the issue type icon at the top-left of the issue.
- Select Subtask from the list of available issue types.
- Select the parent issue for the new subtask.
How do I estimate a task in Jira?
To enter an estimate:
- Go to the Backlog of your Scrum project.
- Select an issue and enter an estimate in the Story points or Original estimate field (depending on the estimation statistic you set).
How do I track time in Jira?
Configure time tracking
- Select > Issues.
- Click Permission schemes.
- Next to the permission scheme you want to configure, click Permissions.
- In the Time tracking permissions section, go to the Work On Issues permission and click Edit.
- Select the users, groups or project roles that need to log work on issues.
- Click Grant.
Can we add story points to subtasks in Jira?
You should not estimate story points for sub tasks. Story points as the name suggest are only for stories. An alternative for sub-tasks is to use the orig estimate field and estimate them in time, e.g. hours.
How do I link a bug to a story in Jira?
Select Bug in issue type. In same screen find “issue” field, drop down will display the current US at the top, select it. This will create a link to the US you are currently looking at.
What is sub bug in Jira?
We created sub bug issue type , sub bug can be opened from story and connected to story as sub task , in this way we can see all bugs under the relevant story and we can see it in dashboard. … The purpose is to open bug from execution and it will be in story not as link issue .
How do I create a child issue in Jira?
To create a child issue of an issue:
- In the scope section of your plan, go to the parent issue for the issue you want to create.
- Hover on the parent issue > click more ( ) > select the hierarchy level for the issue you’re creating.