Choose the Jira icon > Filters > View all filters. Find the filter and choose actions ( ) > Edit. Click the X icon next to “Public” and click Save.
How do I share a filter in Jira?
These are the steps I have tried following to share my filters:
- Navigate to “issues and filters”
- Select “view all filters”
- Click the “…” menu and select “Edit” on the filter I am trying to share.
- In the Access section, select Project > Specific Project Name > All Roles > Add.
- Click Save.
How do I change the permissions on a Jira filter?
Group—A group of Jira users. Open—Any user who is logged-in to your Jira Cloud site.
Changing the ownership of a shared filter
- Choose > System.
- Click Shared Filters.
- Search for a filter or scroll through the full list.
- Next to the shared filter, click > Change owner.
- Search for the relevant user and click Change Owner.
How do I subscribe to a filter in Jira?
Run the filter that you want to subscribe to, then click Details (next to filter name). Fill in the ‘Filter Subscription form’ and click Subscribe.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
What is a JIRA dashboard?
Your dashboard is the main display you see when you log in to Jira. … You can create a personal dashboard and add gadgets to keep track of assignments and issues you’re working on. Dashboards are designed to display gadgets that help you organize your projects, assignments, and achievements in different charts.
How do I manage filters in Jira?
Configuring filters in Jira. To access your filters, navigate to Issues > Manage Filters. From there, you can edit your filter’s details as well as work on filters that other users have shared with you. Users can also Manage Viewers and Editors and Manage Subscriptions for their filters.
How do I give someone access to my Jira dashboard?
how to give dashboard access to group in JIRA
- open the dashboard.
- from tools drop down list, select “share dashboard”
- from Add Shares options, select Group.
- choose the specific group and click the “+Add” button.
31 мая 2016 г.
What is a filter in Jira?
A filter is a saved issue search. Jira users can search for issues using different criteria in basic or advanced search, and then save their results as a filter, becoming the filter’s owner. … If the filter is private, only the owner and Jira admin can view and modify it.
How do I create a quick filter in Jira?
You can create additional Quick Filters or edit existing Quick Filters. Any additional Quick Filters that you create will appear as buttons next to the ‘Only My Issues’ and ‘Recently Updated’ buttons on the board. Go to the desired board, then click Board > Configure. Click the Quick Filters tab.
How do I manage subscriptions in Jira?
- Login to Jira Site.
- Bring up list of filters you are watching.
- Click on Filter in question you no longer wish to receive emails from.
- To right of Filter name are two choices – Save As and Details.
- Click on Details link.
- Bottom of Details dropdown is Subscription – Click Manage Subscriptions.
What is JQL in Jira?
JQL stands for Jira Query Language and is the most powerful and flexible way to search for your issues in Jira. JQL is for everyone: developers, testers, agile project managers, and business users.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
Is Jira a framework?
Jira (/ˈdʒiːrə/ JEE-rə) is a proprietary issue tracking product developed by Atlassian that allows bug tracking and agile project management.
Jira (software)Jira logoDeveloper(s)AtlassianWritten inJavaOperating systemCross-platformTypeBug tracking system, project management softwareЕщё 6 строк
What are the features of JIRA?
Overview of Jira Features
- Customizable workflows.
- Unlimited custom fields.
- Bugs and defect management.
- Seamless source and issue integration.
- Search and filtering.
- Advanced reporting.
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards.
- Advanced security and administration.