To make a field mandatory when used through Jira’s user interface, click the Required link associated with that field. The text Required appears next to the field’s name. Hidden fields cannot be set as required. To make a field optional, click the Optional link associated with that field.
How do you make fields mandatory?
Setting a field to Mandatory, forces the user to fill a value for the particular form field.
Making a Field Required
- Select the Form from the Dashboard in Edit mode.
- Select the field to be edited.
- Select Field Properties from the right pane and select the checkbox Mandatory.
- The changes made will be auto-saved.
How do I create a custom field in Jira?
Select > Issues. Under FIELDS, click Custom fields. Find the custom field you want to configure, click > Contexts and default value. Alternatively, you can click a field’s screens or contexts link and then click Contexts > Create, edit or delete contexts.
How do I lock a field in Jira?
JIRA doesn’t allow you to lock fields. The work around is to put the field on a transition screen for a transition with a condition of a particular project role. Then put the field ONLY on the view screen. Put the transition anywhere you want to be able to change the field.
What is required property of a field?
You can use the Required property to specify whether a value is required in a field. If this property is set to Yes, when you enter data in a record, you must enter a value in the field or in any control bound to the field, and the value cannot be Null.
What is mandatory field?
Mandatory fields are questions that must be answered before the form can be submitted. Mandatory fields are also called “compulsory” or “required” fields. The opposite of a mandatory field is an optional field. Optional fields are also sometimes called “voluntary” fields.
How do I change a custom field in Jira?
You can also edit a custom field by clicking its screens or contexts link and then clicking Details > Edit Details. You can’t change the field’s type (for example, making a single-select field into a multi-select field). To change a field’s type, recreate the field using the desired type.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
Which field must have a value?
Explanation: A field which must have a value – Mandatory field.
How do I make a field mandatory in SQL?
There are two basic ways that you can require a value in a field in an Access table:
- Set the field’s Required property to Yes You can do this by opening the table in Design view. …
- Use a data-definition query that creates a non-null index on the field You can do this by using SQL view.
How do you use validation rule?
Create a record validation rule
- Open the table for which you want to validate records.
- On the Fields tab, in the Field Validation group, click Validation, and then click Record Validation Rule.
- Use the Expression Builder to create the rule.