To make a field mandatory when used through Jira’s user interface, click the Required link associated with that field. The text Required appears next to the field’s name. Hidden fields cannot be set as required. To make a field optional, click the Optional link associated with that field.
Where can you make a custom field required?
Click on the gear icon then Setup > Object Manager. Choose the object > Fields & Relationships. Select the custom field that you will make required. Click on Edit and under General Options select Required.
How do I make a custom field read only in Jira?
Ok, there’s a long-standing answer to this one (since JIRA 2).
- Install the (well supported and free) JIRA Toolkit add-on.
- Add a new custom field of type “message field for edit”
- Place it on the “create issue” screen (and others if needed)
- Set the default value to your text.
How do I lock a custom field in Jira?
JIRA doesn’t allow you to lock fields. The work around is to put the field on a transition screen for a transition with a condition of a particular project role. Then put the field ONLY on the view screen. Put the transition anywhere you want to be able to change the field.
How do I make a field not required in Jira?
Making a field required or optional
- To make a field mandatory when used through Jira’s user interface, click the Required link associated with that field. The text Required appears next to the field’s name. …
- To make a field optional, click the Optional link associated with that field.
What does this field is required mean?
“Field is required” is a flag that has absolutely nothing to do with screens. You either need to remove the flag in the field configuration, making it optional, or you need to add the field to the screen so the user can obey the mandatory rule you’ve set. View More Comments.
What is a locked field in Jira?
A locked field is simply a field that you can’t configure, because it’s used in plugins for instance and needs to stay as is. But that doesn’t necessarily means that it can’t be added to a screen. For instance, Sprint is a locked field, and you can have in in screens to add values manually.
How do I unlock my Jira account?
if you are then you need to go to the Admin button > User management > search for user in the Filter users search box then under actions click Edit and then click Active check box then update. But not you also need to add user back to Jira_users group for example in other to be able to access JIRA.
How do I create a custom field in Jira?
Select > Issues. Under FIELDS, click Custom fields. Find the custom field you want to configure, click > Contexts and default value. Alternatively, you can click a field’s screens or contexts link and then click Contexts > Create, edit or delete contexts.
How do you make fields mandatory?
Setting a field to Mandatory, forces the user to fill a value for the particular form field.
Making a Field Required
- Select the Form from the Dashboard in Edit mode.
- Select the field to be edited.
- Select Field Properties from the right pane and select the checkbox Mandatory.
- The changes made will be auto-saved.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.