How do I delete a subtask?
To delete a subtask:
- Click on the subtask you want to delete.
- Click the three dot icon.
- Select Delete Selected Subtask.
How do I unlink a subtask in Jira?
Sub-task unlinking can be obtained in JIRA in two ways:
- Convert the sub-task to another issue type.
- Move the issue from one parent to another.
How do I delete an item in Jira?
Second – it is odd that you cannot delete if you are indeed a jira admin. go to the project > project settings > permissions and look at the Delete permission to ensure the permissions include your role. likde @Jack said: Do not delete issues. When you delete it is GONE.
How do I show subtasks in Jira board?
You should go to board settings -> swimlanes and choose Stories. In this case subtasks will be under the parent.
Can you delete a ticket in Jira?
2 answers. Yes, check the permission scheme in the project. You’ll find there’s a line that allows you to delete. Grant someone you trust that permission and they’ll be able to delete from the project.
How do you delete a subreddit?
It is not possible to delete a community once it has been created. It will continue to exist and even if you leave, be available for new moderators to take over via request in r/redditrequest.
How do I unlink in Jira?
- Go to an issue that contains links, and locate the Issue Links section.
- Hover your mouse over the link you wish to delete, and click the Delete (trashcan) icon that appears.
How do I cancel an issue in Jira?
How to cancel a story in Jira
- To Do => In progress => Done.
- To Do => In progress => Done.
- To Do => Cancelled.
How do I delete a test case in Jira?
Steps to delete a Test Case
- Once you filter records for Test Cases as described above, click the action icon at the extreme right for the particular Test Case you want to delete.
- Select the Delete option for the Test Case.
How do I delete Jira history?
You can use these in the scriptrunner plugin. Install in JIRA and then go to script Fragment section of the plugin. Select the update history class/method and put this code.
- Delete comment.
- Clone ticket (history isn’t cloned to the new ticket)
- Remove the original ticket.
How do I bulk delete in Jira?
Delete multiple issues
- Perform a search with the required filters to produce a list of issues.
- Select Tools > Bulk Change.
- Select the issues you’d like to perform the bulk operation on, and select Next.
- Select Delete Issues, and select Next.
- If available, decide whether you’d like to send email notifications.
How do I recover a deleted issue in Jira?
The only viable way to restore an issue is to create a new instance of JIRA and restore a backup that has the issues. Then export them to a csv file and import them to your production instance. You will lose the history.
How do epics work in Jira?
An epic is a large body of work that can be broken down into a number of smaller stories, or sometimes called “Issues” in Jira. Epics often encompass multiple teams, on multiple projects, and can even be tracked on multiple boards. Epics are almost always delivered over a set of sprints.
How do I use subtasks in Jira?
Convert an issue to a subtask
- Open the issue and click on the issue type icon at the top-left of the issue.
- Select Subtask from the list of available issue types.
- Select the parent issue for the new subtask.
How do I see subtasks in Jira backlog?
Sub-tasks are normally not displayed on a backlog view, because they’re totally irrelevant there. It’s nonsense to try to rank them or put them into a sprint outside their parent, so even if you do show them in a backlog, there’s nothing you can usefully do with them. You must be a registered user to add a comment.