Second – it is odd that you cannot delete if you are indeed a jira admin. go to the project > project settings > permissions and look at the Delete permission to ensure the permissions include your role. likde @Jack said: Do not delete issues. When you delete it is GONE.
Can I delete a Jira issue?
Select the project you need. Click on Permissions (left menu) … Select Edit permissions. Search for ‘Delete issues’ permission, then click on ‘add’ next to it.
How do I delete a bug in Jira?
Please go to project > Project Settings > Permissions and look at “Delete Issues” to see if you are in any of the associated groups that have permissions.
How do I delete a child issue in Jira?
How to delete a sub-task issue type
- Select > Issues.
- Under ISSUE TYPES, select Sub-tasks.
- Find the relevant sub-task issue type and click Delete.
How do I close duplicate issues in Jira?
If these are committed so the duplicate has an actual issue key, you’ll need to:
- Go into the issue’s main view via the issue key.
- Press More > Delete – this is assuming you have delete permissions in the permission scheme.
- If you don’t have delete permissions, check what the process is at your company.
How do I delete Jira history?
You can use these in the scriptrunner plugin. Install in JIRA and then go to script Fragment section of the plugin. Select the update history class/method and put this code.
- Delete comment.
- Clone ticket (history isn’t cloned to the new ticket)
- Remove the original ticket.
How do I delete an issue in JIRA cloud?
Second – it is odd that you cannot delete if you are indeed a jira admin. go to the project > project settings > permissions and look at the Delete permission to ensure the permissions include your role.
How do I bulk delete in Jira?
Delete multiple issues
- Perform a search with the required filters to produce a list of issues.
- Select Tools > Bulk Change.
- Select the issues you’d like to perform the bulk operation on, and select Next.
- Select Delete Issues, and select Next.
- If available, decide whether you’d like to send email notifications.
How do you delete a backlog item in Jira?
Step1 : open task which you want to delete. Step 2: Go to More action tab and click on it. A menu list will drop down. Step 3: In the bottom of the menu list click “Delete” button, a confirmation alert will popup.
How do I withdraw a ticket in Jira?
select that particular ticket which you want to withdraw and select More >> Delete.
What is the use of average age report in Jira?
Report: Average Age Report
Shows the average age of unresolved issues for a project or filter. This helps you see whether your backlog is being kept up to date.
How do you delete a subreddit?
It is not possible to delete a community once it has been created. It will continue to exist and even if you leave, be available for new moderators to take over via request in r/redditrequest.
How do I delete a subtask?
To delete a subtask:
- Click on the subtask you want to delete.
- Click the three dot icon.
- Select Delete Selected Subtask.
Is duplicated by VS duplicate?
As verbs the difference between duplicate and duplicated
is that duplicate is to make a copy of while duplicated is .
How do I duplicate an issue in Jira?
Open a JIRA issue that is supposed to be cloned. Select More → Clone when the screen appears. The following screenshot shows how to access the Clone functionality. A user can change the summary while cloning it.