What is a parent link in Jira?
But for Epic relationship with Initiative/Theme (via portfolio) use the field “Parent Link” which get’s automatically populated by the Jira portfolio. Thus you can add the field “Parent link” on the view screen of Epic so see the link to parent and child epics will appear by themselves on the parent initiative.
How do I create a link in Jira?
So the shortcut link [email protected] produces this link.
To add a shortcut link using the ‘Insert Link’ dialog:
- Choose Link > Advanced and enter or paste the shortcut link into the Link field (shortcut links are case-insensitive)
- Modify or enter link text (this is the text that will appear on the page)
- Choose Insert.
How do I add a child issue in Jira?
2 answers. Create sub-tasks under the parent. The first one you’ll need to create from the actions menu, but once you have one, a panel will appear showing them, and that has an “add subtask” button on it. Your administrators will need to make sure you have sub-task types in the project’s issue type scheme.
How do I create a ticket template in Jira?
- You can create new jira project, configure the custom schemes and call them as say ‘Dept A template’.
- While creating a new project, select ‘Create with shared configuration’
- And select ‘Dept A template’ project as source project and proceed with the creation.
How do I add a name to a link in Jira comments?
To mention someone using autocomplete, type ‘@’ in the editor then start typing their name. Choose the person you want to mention from the list of suggestions.
How do I link to a specific part of a page?
How to Link to a Specific Part of a Page
- Give the object or text you’d like to link to a name. …
- Take the name you’ve chosen and insert it into an opening HTML anchor link tag. …
- Place that complete opening <a> tag from above before the text or object you want to link to, and add a closing </a> tag after.
What is the fix version?
Fix version is the version where you plan on releasing a feature or bugfix to customers. This field is used for release planning, monitoring progress and velocity, and is used widely in reporting.
How do you add child issues to an initiative?
To add an issue to an initiative, select the Epic in the Scope panel to expand the issue details and select an initiative in drop down under the “Parent” section. To move an epic to a new parent initiative, switch the value to the other initiative in the same location.
How do I create a bug in Jira?
To create a JIRA ticket:
- In JIRA, click on Create Issue.
- Select the project Support Nuxeo Connect.
- Fill in the description as precisely as possible. Depending on the type of your issue, provide the appropriate items in the following list: steps to reproduce the issue. logs. screenshots. …
- Click on the Create button.
What are templates in Jira?
Template is a Jira issue that can be replicated any number of times. It allows you to copy the fields and their contents into new issues you create. Depending on your needs, it can only copy values into selected fields or create a complex structure of issues, including linked epics with stories and sub-tasks.
How do I use subtask templates in Jira?
- Go to the Template repository project and choose the template you want to edit.
- Open More and tap Create sub-task.
- Complete fields in sub-template pop-up window and click Create.
How do I create a confluence template?
To create a new space template:
- Go to the space and choose Space tools > Content Tools from the bottom of the sidebar.
- Choose Templates > Create new template.