How do I create a fix version in Jira?
Step 1: Create a version in Jira Software
- Navigate to your project.
- In the project menu, click on Releases.
- Select the Version name text box, enter a name, and click Add. Version names are typically numeric, for example, 1.0 or 2.1. You could also consider using an internal codename.
What is a version in Jira?
Versions are points-in-time for a project. They help you schedule and organize your releases. Once a version is created and issues are assigned to it, you can use the version to filter information in various reports. If you’ve integrated Jira with Bamboo, you can start a build automatically.
How do I create a dependencies in Jira?
To add a dependency to an issue:
- In your plan, hover the issue for which you want to add a dependency. …
- Click the add icon where you want to add the dependency.
- Choose the dependent issue that you want to link to the issue.
- Click the check icon. …
- Save the changes by doing the following:
How do I manage versions in Jira?
Managing a project’s versions
- Choose Administration ( ) > Projects, and select the relevant project.
- Choose Versions in the left menu. The Versions page is displayed, showing a list of versions and each version’s status. From here you can manage the project’s versions as described on this page.
How do I manage release versions?
The simplest thing to do is start your initial development release at 0.1. 0 and then increment the minor version for each subsequent release.
What is the latest version of JIRA software?
View all versions
- 8.7. 8.7.1. 09-Feb-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.6. 8.6.1. 08-Jan-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.5. 8.5. 9 (long term support)? 11-Oct-2020. …
- 8.4. 8.4.3. 07-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.3. 8.3.5. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.2. 8.2.6. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.1. 8.1.3. 15-Sep-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.0. 8.0.3. 09-Jul-2019. Release notes.
What is difference between version and release?
Normally Release is more about the “action” to distribute the software to interested candidates, while “version” is an identifier of certain snapshot of the software (mostly a meaningful snapshot). Therefore, in most case, as we need to identify certain release of the application, we will have a version assigned.
What is Jira tool in agile?
Jira Software is an agile project management tool that supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, kanban, or your own unique flavor. From agile boards to reports, you can plan, track, and manage all your agile software development projects from a single tool.
How do I find Jira version?
You can check Jira Software version on the footer of any page in JIRA. It will be written in grey font. Or you can go to Applicatons->Versions and Licenses. You can see there the verisons of Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and Jira Core.
What is a Jira portfolio?
Portfolio is a tool that enables teams to build plans and track progress in Jira Software. Being an add-on for Jira, it provides seamless integration with all data within the Jira system. It also provides multiple estimation methods, a visible roadmap, scenario planning, unlimited hierarchy, and reporting for any team.
How do I see dependencies in Jira?
To view the dependencies report of a plan:
- In your plan, click the Reports tab to display the reports section for your plan.
- Click the switch report menu > Dependencies.
What is the difference between release and version in Jira?
In JIRA, versions are intended to indicate an actual version of your software (2.3. … However, depending on how your software is being delivered, you could also use releases in this field. For instance, our project has time-boxed releases where the content of the release is flexible but the release date is not.
Who can create versions in Jira?
What happens when you release a version in Jira?
1 answer. You enter a release version and all the issues in the done column are stamped with that version. As the board filter is (usually) set to say “consider anything with a version as release and don’t put it on the board”, that’s how it clears stuff out.