How do I reopen a closed Jira issue?
In this case, you would need to copy the existing workflow, create some new status (optionally, like reopen), then create new transitions that allow you to move from this Closed status into your reopen status or some other status (like open again).
How do I delete a status in Jira?
How to remove a Status from a workflow:
- Click on the status you wish to remove.
- Click Remove Status.
What is the difference between resolved and closed in Jira?
Closed means that the issue has been worked on but can be reopen. Resolved means that the issue has been worked on, closed and a resolution determined. An issue is Open if its Resolution field has not been set.
How do I create a new status in Jira?
Define A New Status
Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left. Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
What are Jira workflows?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do I edit an inactive workflow in Jira?
Select > Issues. Under WORKFLOWS, click Workflow schemes to see a list of active and inactive schemes. Create a workflow scheme or edit an active workflow scheme.
How do I delete a workflow in Jira?
- Rename the current workflow.
- Copy the current workflow to a new one.
- Delete the steps, and make the other changes you need in the copy, including giving it the right name.
- Copy the current workflow schemes that use the current workflow.
- Edit the schemes, replacing the current workflow with the new version.
What is resolved status in Jira?
In many workflows, one person/team will “resolve” an issue – meaning that once they believe they have fixed the problem, they transition the issue to a the Resolved status. Another person/team may then be responsible for testing the solution. If it passes, the issue can then be Closed.
How do you ask if an issue is resolved?
What’s the best way to ask if an issue has been resolved / things have changed over time
- ask a completely new question and risk being closed for exact duplicate.
- ask a completely new question referring to the old one.
- edit the old question to bump it.
Who can close a JIRA ticket?
The creator of the issue can only close the issue.