How do I approve in Jira?
- Create a project role called approver and set the role to those who will approve the requests.
- Put in a status called approval in your WF.
- Put a condition on the outgoing transition from approval status called “User is in project Role” that restricts the transition to those in the role “Approver”.
How do I approve a timesheet in Jira?
Open a team member’s timesheet by clicking to the far-right of their name, and then selecting View Timesheet. In the team member’s timesheet, click Approve to approve it or the arrow next to Approve to reject it.
How do I add approval in Jira Workflow?
Is it possible to add approval to a workflow?
- On project the workflow, find the transition where you would like only the approver to change the status. ( The transition is the link between the statuses)
- Click on the transition and add a condition. …
- Make sure to publish the workflow before testing the changes.
How do I add issue status in Jira?
Define A New Status
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrators permission.
- Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left.
- Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
What are Jira workflows?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do I approve a timesheet?
- Hover over Attendance, then select Timesheets.
- In the Pay Periods list, select the pay period that you want to view.
- Click the employee’s name under Timesheets on the left. …
- Review and/or edit the time sheet.
- Click Approve in the top right.
How do I submit a timesheet in Jira?
To submit your timesheet for review:
- Select My Work in the Tempo sidebar.
- Click Submit Period at the top to submit the current period’s timesheet, or click the drop-down arrow to select an earlier period.
- Select a Reviewer from the drop-down list. …
- Optional. …
- Click Submit.
How do I change the workflow status in Jira?
To update the existing project workflow:
- Choose Projects and select a starred or recent project, or choose View all projects and select a project.
- From your project’s sidebar, select Project settings ( ) > Workflows.
- Click the edit pencil to the right of the workflow.
- Do either or both of the following:
How do I add a category in Jira?
Add, assign, and delete project categories
- Choose the Jira icon > > Projects.
- Select Project categories.
- Below the list of existing project categories, enter a name and description.
- Click Add.
How do I create a workflow in Jira?
How to Create a New Workflow in Jira
- Open Jira.
- Click Issues, and then click Workflows.
- To create a new workflow, click the Add workflow button.
- Type in a name and add a workflow description. The new workflow opens and is ready to edit.