Go to the “Add Watchers” popup and click the number of watchers. This opens a dropdown. There you simply start typing the name of the watcher you’d like to add to this Jira issue. Select the watcher to add.
How do I automatically add watchers in Jira?
Open Jira Administration>Issues>Notification Schemes, find the scheme for the desired project and click on notifications. Add the desired users, roles, or groups to the notification for Issue Created.
What is a watcher in Jira?
A Watcher is someone that will be given permissions for the Jira project. This generally isn’t a customer since they wouldn’t have access to your Jira system but only the Service Desk portal. A Requested Participant is someone being given permissions for the Jira Service Desk portal.
How do you add a collaborator in Jira?
- Navigate to the Project Settings for the project you want to add collaborators on.
- On the left navbar, click Users and roles.
- In the upper right, click the Add users to a role link.
- Select the user you want to add and choose the Service Desk Team role.
- Click the Add button to save the changes.
How do I use people in Jira?
To mention someone using autocomplete, type ‘@’ in the editor then start typing their name. Choose the person you want to mention from the list of suggestions. Confluence will suggest people you’ve mentioned previously (after yourself, of course). It then continues to suggest matches as you type.
How do I add multiple watchers in Jira?
You can add multiple watchers on either the new or classic issue view – for each:
- Classic View: Click the number next to Watchers and add more users.
- New View: Select the eyeball in the upper-right corner and choose add watchers.
How do I mention someone in Jira Service Desk?
You can do this by accessing the cog in the top left, and selecting User Management. Then select the user, and check the box for JIRA Service Desk. As stated above, you can only @mention users with the browse project permission for that project.
How do I add a CC to a Jira comment?
- Create a Custom Field called CC with custom field type as User Picker (multiple user).
- Add the newly created Custom Field CC to the relevant Screens that you require it for.
- Go to the relevant project’s Notification Scheme and add notification for the relevant Event.
How do I add a comment to a ticket in Jira?
Add an inline comment
- Highlight the text you want to comment on.
- Choose the add comment button that appears above the highlighted text.
- Type your comment and choose Save (Ctrl+S or ⌘+S)