What are Swimlanes in Jira?
The Atlassian Community is here for you. A swimlane is a horizontal categorization of issues in the Active sprints of a Scrum board, or on a Kanban board. You could use swimlanes to help you distinguish tasks from different workstreams, users, application areas, etc.29 мая 2018 г.
How do I add a filter to a Jira board?
To add a sub-filter to your board:
- Go to your board, then select more ( ) in the top right corner > Board settings.
- Edit the Kanban board sub-filter field and enter a JQL query. For information on JQL syntax, see JQL.
What does swim lanes have to do with Kanban boards?
Kanban swimlanes are horizontal lines that split a Kanban board into sections. Teams usually use them to visually separate different work types on the same board and organize homogenous tasks together.
How do I add a status to kanban board in Jira?
Adding a new status
- Go to your board, then select more ( ) > Board settings.
- Click the Columns tab.
- Click the Add status button. NOTE: The Add Status button is only available if you have the Jira ‘Project Administrator’ permission for this board’s project. See Permissions overview for more information.
What is JQL in Jira?
JQL stands for Jira Query Language and is the most powerful and flexible way to search for your issues in Jira. JQL is for everyone: developers, testers, agile project managers, and business users.
How do I create a rich filter in Jira?
Create a Rich Filter
- Open the Issues menu at the top of the screen and select the Manage rich filters option.
- Click on the Create Rich Filter button at the top-right of your screen to open the Create Rich Filter dialog box.
- Fill the two mandatory fields: Enter a name for your Rich Filter. …
- Click the Create button.
How do I create a Smart Filter in Jira?
Click on the Add Smart Filter button at the top-right of the page. Insert a name, select at least one tag type and click on Create button. Select a color and/or insert a label (depending on which Tag Types you have selected for your smart filter), insert a JQL for the clause and click the Add button.
How do I create a JQL filter in Jira?
Query results can be saved and used as filters and views across Jira (including boards).
- In the top navigation bar, select Filters.
- Select Advanced issue search. ( …
- Use quick filters for basic search or switch to JQL for advanced search.
Which Swimlane is used to get everything else?
By default, two swimlanes will be created: Expedite — this swimlane is based on the following JQL query: priority = Blocker. Everything Else — this swimlane is always at the bottom of the screen, and cannot be deleted.
How do I organize my Kanban board?
The basic structure of the Kanban board online has three columns: to-do, in-progress, and done. Each column represents the stage of development from the beginning when ideas are created, to the work in progress, and then finally, to when the work has been completed.
Does trello have Swimlanes?
Swimlanes for Trello. Support arranging Trello lists into horizontal swimlanes. To start a new swimlane, just add | or a swimmer emoji to a list’s header. Trello is a handy tool for keeping track of list items, but it limits you to a single row of lists.
How do I add a status in Jira?
Define A New Status
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrators permission.
- Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left.
- Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
How do I add a column in Jira Kanban board?
If your board is using Simplified Workflow:
- Go to the desired board, then click Board > Configure.
- Click the Columns tab.
- Click the Add Status button at the right of the page. Note that the Add Status button is only available if you have the Jira ‘Project Administrator’ permission for this board’s project.
How do I create a dashboard in Jira?
Create your dashboard
- From your project in Jira click Dashboards and View all Dashboards.
- In the top right you can click on Create dashboard.
- Fill in the name.
- Start from a blank dashboard.
- For Shared with select Public and click Add.
- Click Create.