JIRA does not have a native functionality to close a sub task once the parent issue is closed. In your case you will need an add-on to do that (like the JIRA ScriptRunner). If your JIRA has the ScriptRunner plugin then you can have a look on how to achieve it at auto close all subtasks.
How do I close a subtask in Jira?
How to delete a sub-task issue type
- Select > Issues.
- Under ISSUE TYPES, select Sub-tasks.
- Find the relevant sub-task issue type and click Delete.
How do I close multiple tickets in Jira?
3 answers. Run a search for them, then select “bulk edit” from the search options menu. Bulk edit will offer you “transition” as well as “edit” options, so you can move the selected issues through the workflow to closed, or edit to “mark” them as closed. Note – you need the global permission to bulk edit.
How do I create multiple subtasks in Jira?
- Choose to add the Create issue or Create subtask post function as usual.
- Configure various options as usual.
- Find the Create multiple issues parameter.
- Add a comma separated list of entries. Processing will: Look at each entry. If no pattern is provided, the entry will be selected for continued processing.
Can Jira subtasks have story points?
You should not estimate story points for sub tasks. Story points as the name suggest are only for stories. An alternative for sub-tasks is to use the orig estimate field and estimate them in time, e.g. hours.
How do I delete an issue in Jira?
Delete issue in JIRA really is delete.
Please follow the steps below:
- Login to JIRA as administrator.
- Click on Cogwheel icon.
- Click on Projects.
- Select the project you need.
- Click on Permissions (left menu)
- Click on Actions button.
- Select Edit permissions.
- Search for ‘Delete issues’ permission, then click on ‘add’ next to it.
How do subtasks work in Jira?
A subtask can be created for an issue to either split the issue into smaller chunks or to allow various aspects of an issue to be assigned to different people. If you find a subtask is holding up the resolution of an issue, you can convert the subtask to an issue, to allow it to be worked on independently.
How do I mass delete an issue in Jira?
Delete multiple issues
- Perform a search with the required filters to produce a list of issues.
- Select Tools > Bulk Change.
- Select the issues you’d like to perform the bulk operation on, and select Next.
- Select Delete Issues, and select Next.
- If available, decide whether you’d like to send email notifications.
How do I stop multiple issues in Jira?
To stop watching multiple issues:
- Select Stop Watching Issues and click Next.
- Review your bulk changes and click Confirm.
How do I select multiple issues in Jira?
You can select multiple contiguous issues by clicking the first issue, holding down the shift key and clicking the last issue. To select issues that aren’t next to each other just hold down the control (Windows) or command key (Mac) and select the issues individually.
How do I create multiple stories in Jira?
You can add multiple stories with Split function on Jira. First, create a story than right-click on this story and select split. You’ll see a pop-up where you can add multiple stories at once. Looks like you’re not logged in.
How do I bulk import issues in Jira?
Before you begin, please back up your Jira data.
- Log in to Jira as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission.
- Select Administration > System > Import & Export > External System Import.
- Select CSV to open the CSV File import page.
- On the CSV File import page, select your CSV Source File.
How do I create a user story in Jira?
You can create a new user story in Jira by selecting the option to create a new issue. When choosing the issue type, you need to pick Story. You can then use the summary field to fill it with the user story itself. You will see it on the new issue creation screen.
How many hours is a story point?
Story Points represent the effort required to put a PBI (Product Backlog Item) live. Each Story Point represents a normal distribution of time. For example,1 Story Point could represent a range of 4–12 hours, 2 Story Points 10–20 hours, and so on. This time distribution is unknown during estimation.
Why are story points better than hours?
The way we do story point estimation is better than hourly estimates as it is more accurate and has less variation. … Story points are therefore faster, better, and cheaper than hours, and the highest performing teams completely abandon any hourly estimation as they view it as waste that just slows them down.
How do you calculate story points?
While estimating story points, we assign a point value to each story. Relative values are more important than the raw values. A story that is assigned 2 story points should be twice as much as a story that is assigned 1 story point. It should also be two-thirds of a story that is estimated 3 story points.