This page is about the GitLab Jira integration, which is available in every GitLab project by default, allowing you to connect it to any Jira instance, whether Cloud or self-managed. To compare features with the complementary Jira Development Panel integration, see Jira integrations.
Does GitHub integrate with JIRA?
Thousands of organizations around the world use GitHub and Jira together to manage software projects. With your GitHub account linked to Jira, it gives your team the ability to see branches, commit messages, and pull request in the Jira tickets they’re working on.
How do I integrate with GitLab?
GitLab can be integrated with the following enhancements:
- Add GitLab actions to Gmail actions buttons.
- Configure PlantUML to use diagrams in AsciiDoc documents.
- Attach merge requests to Trello cards.
- Enable integrated code intelligence powered by Sourcegraph.
How do you integrate in Jira?
There are three categories of integration that you can develop:
- Enhance your app with Jira REST APIs:
- Create, update, or delete Jira issues from your application or service.
- Read data from Jira to display issues in your application.
- Enhance and extend Jira issues:
- Show info from another application on the Jira Issue page.
Can GitLab replace Jira?
GitLab has Jira integration that allows Jira Software to be used as an issue tracker for the planning stage while using GitLab for the rest of the DevOps lifecycle: source code management, CI/CD, and monitoring.
Is Jira like GitHub?
Jira is a bug tracking system or used for agile project management whereas Github is a source code repository to host the source code of a project in its site to effectively push the code and maintain the developing project consistently from all the developers.
Is Jira free?
We offer a Free plan for Jira Software for up to 10 users, 2GB of storage, and Community Support. If you’d like to add more than 10 users or get access to more support and storage, you can sign up for a 7-day free trial of our Standard or Premium plan.
How does GitLab integrate with Jenkins?
Configure the GitLab project
- Go to Settings > Integrations, then select Jenkins CI.
- Turn on the Active toggle.
- Enter the Jenkins URL.
- Enter the Project name.
- Enter the Username and Password if your Jenkins server requires authentication.
- Click Test settings and save changes.
How many 3rd party project services integrations does GitLab currently support?
You can find the available integrations under your project’s Settings ➔ Integrations page. There are more than 20 integrations to integrate with.
How does GitLab integrate with slack?
- Open your project’s page, and navigate to your project’s Integrations page at Settings > Integrations.
- Select the Slack notifications integration to configure it.
- Click Enable integration.
- In Trigger, select the checkboxes for each type of GitLab event to send to Slack as a notification.
What is new in Jira cloud?
We’ve improved backlog planning in next-gen with the new epic panel to make work breakdown more efficient. Quickly add work to an epic using drag and drop. Create new epics and view the progress of an existing epic. Filter your backlog view by selecting one or multiple epics.
What is the use of Jira tool?
Jira Software is part of a family of products designed to help teams of all types manage work. Originally, Jira was designed as a bug and issue tracker. But today, Jira has evolved into a powerful work management tool for all kinds of use cases, from requirements and test case management to agile software development.
What is better than Jira?
18 Best JIRA Alternatives For Agile Project Management in 2019
- VersionOne. VersionOne is an enterprise software platform designed specifically for unified Agile & DevOps and can be scaled to any number of organizational levels. …
- PivotalTracker. …
- Workzone. …
- Targetprocess. …
- Mingle. …
- Assembla. …
- Crocagile. …
Why GitLab is better than Jenkins?
In GitLab CI/CD, every single project has a tracker that will track the problem and carry out code reviews to improve efficiency. While in the Jenkins tool; it has changed set supports and a simple procedure for installation as well as configuration.
What are issues in GitLab?
Issues are the fundamental medium for collaborating on ideas and planning work in GitLab.
Common use cases include:
- Discussing the implementation of a new idea.
- Tracking tasks and work status.
- Accepting feature proposals, questions, support requests, or bug reports.
- Elaborating on new code implementations.