The Parallel sprints feature lets you enable multiple active sprints that are running in parallel with each other. For example, if you have two teams working from the same backlog, each team can now work on their own active sprint simultaneously.
How do I see all active sprints in Jira?
Open the board and go to the Backlog view to see a list of all the open Sprints and the issues in the Sprints.
Can you have multiple backlogs in Jira?
‘ In order to have multiple backlogs within a single JIRA project, you need to ensure that issues for a team are mutually exclusive from issues for another team. … Each board can then be pointed to OPEN issues assigned to their TEAM. Each board controls it’s own Sprints, so this is no problem.
What is an active Sprint in Jira?
The Atlassian Community is here for you. The Active sprints of a Scrum board displays the issues that your team is currently working on. You can create and update issues, and drag and drop issues to transition them through a workflow.
Can a Jira project have multiple boards?
You can use a board that someone else has created, or create your own—you can create as many boards as you like. A project can have multiple boards, and a combination of Scrum, Kanban, and agility boards. Boards can display up to 5000 issues at a time.
How do I create an active Sprint in Jira?
Go to the backlog of your Scrum project. You will see the Create sprint button at the top of your backlog. Click on it, and you will be transported to the screen for creating a new sprint. Remember that you can create more than one sprint at the same time.
How do I change active sprints in Jira?
- Click the Agile link’s down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- Click Backlog.
- Hover over the sprint name or date field, click and type the new name or date, then press Enter.
What are backlogs in Jira?
A backlog is simply a list of features, which could be for your product, service, project, etc. These features are not detailed specifications. Rather, they are usually described in form of user stories, which are short summaries of the functionality from a particular user’s perspective.
How do I create a 2nd backlog in Jira?
Apply the first label to issues you want in the “First backlog” and the second to issues you want to the “Second backlog” Now browse to the “Quick Filters” of the board inside the “Configure” board button. Create one quick filter for each label, such as “label = backlog1” and another quick filter “label = backlog2”
How do I add a backlog in Jira?
Navigate to your next-gen Jira Software project. In your project’s sidebar, select Backlog. Scroll to the bottom of your Backlog list and select + Create issue.
How do I manage sprints in Jira?
At the end of the sprint, a team will typically have built and implemented a working product increment.
- Step 1: Create a sprint. Go to the Backlog of your Scrum project. …
- Step 2: Fill your sprint with stories from the backlog. …
- Step 3: Start sprint. …
- Step 4: Monitor your team’s progress. …
- Step 5: Close the sprint.
What is Sprint value in Jira?
JIRA maintains an equivalent numeric value for each Sprint. The numeric value is what you need to have in the CSV file, To find the numeric equivalent of a sprint, do the following : Go to Issue navigator, and specify the following query: sprint = Sprint 18.
How do I add a story to my sprint in Jira?
Currently we do the following to add the issue to the sprint:
- Browse to issue in issue navigator.
- Click “View of Board” link under Agile section.
- Select Board from pop-up.
- Right-click issue and send to the desired sprint.
What is the difference between a board and a project in Jira?
Hi @Manickaraja, Project is a collection of issues where we split requirements, tasks, and release plans within a project. Board is an intuitive representation of a project, which can include one or more projects, depending on the filter configuration of board, including kanban board and Scrum board modes.
How do I manage multiple boards in Jira?
- From the project backlog;
- Create new board – Click on the Board drop down and select ‘+ Create Board’
- JIRA will display the Create a Board window.
- Click the Create a Scrum Board button.
- JIRA will display 2 radio button options.
- Select radio button – Create Board from an existing project and click NEXT.
How do I manage projects in jira?
How to Use Jira for Project Management
- In Jira, under Projects, click Create Project.
- Select the type of project you want. …
- Jira displays the default workflow and issues available with the selection. …
- Type a name for the project.