You can’t change the field’s type (for example, making a single-select field into a multi-select field). To change a field’s type, recreate the field using the desired type. Jira allows you to define a description of a custom field.
How do I create a custom field in Jira?
Create a new custom field
- Select > Issues.
- Under FIELDS, select Custom fields.
- Click Create custom field. …
- Select the type of field you want to create and click Next. …
- Add the details for your field. …
- When you have entered the field details, select Create.
How do you update a custom field in JIRA REST API?
To update, you should use PUT on issue key. See https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+API+Example+-+Edit+issues for some examples.
How do I make a custom field read only in Jira?
Ok, there’s a long-standing answer to this one (since JIRA 2).
- Install the (well supported and free) JIRA Toolkit add-on.
- Add a new custom field of type “message field for edit”
- Place it on the “create issue” screen (and others if needed)
- Set the default value to your text.
How do I create a custom field?
- Go to System Settings > Objects and Fields.
- Select the object you’ll be creating fields for. …
- Select Object Fields from the Object Management menu.
- Click New Field.
- Choose a field type and click Next.
- Complete the required fields: …
- Click Save Custom Field.
- Add the new field to a page layout.
What is a custom field in Jira?
Jira application issues are made up of fields. You can choose any number of fields to appear when creating, editing, or transitioning issues. You can also create custom fields for teams working on issues within any of your Jira projects. Custom fields allow people to add information specific to your team’s needs.
How do I lock a custom field in Jira?
JIRA doesn’t allow you to lock fields. The work around is to put the field on a transition screen for a transition with a condition of a particular project role. Then put the field ONLY on the view screen. Put the transition anywhere you want to be able to change the field.
What is a custom field?
Custom fields are a means for storing and representing contact data. … While users typically use tags to further segment their contact lists, users employ custom fields to get even more granular than tags. Custom fields store data that is permanent and unique to each contact.
How many custom fields can I created in an object?
An org can’t have more than 800 custom fields, regardless of the edition or source of those fields. For example, an Enterprise Edition org can have 500 custom fields per object, and 300 more fields installed from a managed package for a total limit of 800 fields per object.