Bugzilla is a web-based general-purpose bug tracking system and testing tool originally developed and used by the Mozilla project, and licensed under the Mozilla Public License.
Is Bugzilla a free tool?
Bugzilla is both free as in freedom and free as in price. Most commercial defect-tracking software vendors charge enormous licensing fees. Despite being free, Bugzilla has many features which are lacking in both its expensive and its free counterparts.
How do I assign a bug in Bugzilla?
Bugzilla: Reassign a Bug Report
- On the bug report that you are editing, find the Assigned to line and click the edit link.
- The field will open to allow you to change the Assigned to value.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to assign the bug. …
- If you do not know the appropriate email address, check the box for Reset Assignee to default.
What is difference between Jira and Bugzilla?
Difference Between JIRA and Bugzilla
Unlike JIRA, Bugzilla allows users to select the initial status of new issues and then allows the admin to configure which transitions need comments. JIRA allows multiple workflows that are applied depending on the issue’s project and type.
How do you write a bug report in Bugzilla?
3.1. 6. Filing Bugs
- Go to Landfill in your browser and click Enter a new bug report.
- Select a product – any one will do.
- Fill in the fields. Bugzilla should have made reasonable guesses, based upon your browser, for the “Platform” and “OS” drop-down boxes. …
- Select “Commit” and send in your bug report.
Who uses Bugzilla?
We have data on 13,811 companies that use Bugzilla.
Who uses Bugzilla?CompanyINSIGHT PERFORMANCE, INCWebsiteinsightperformance.comCountryUnited StatesRevenue1M-10MCompany Size10-50Ещё 4 столбца
Can we write test cases in Bugzilla?
Bugzilla is normally used for writing Bug Reports, not Test Cases.24 мая 2007 г.
How do you close bugs in Bugzilla?
Click the Save Changes button to update the status. The page will refresh to show that the bug was updated, and then you can change the status again to close the bug. Change the Status value to “Closed”. Click the Save Changes button.
How do I run Bugzilla?
In outline, the installation proceeds as follows:
- Install Perl (5.8. …
- Install a Database Engine.
- Install a Webserver.
- Install Bugzilla.
- Install Perl modules.
- Install a Mail Transfer Agent (Sendmail 8.7 or above, or an MTA that is Sendmail-compatible with at least this version)
- Configure all of the above.
How do I create a bug tracking system?
- Set up the application.
- Create the module.
- Display the projects and bugs.
- Create an AreaRegistration class.
- Create the project and bug controllers.
- Create the bug and the project views.
- Create the bug tracker layout.
- Add the ProjectMaster view to the navigation.
What JIRA is used for?
JIRA is a project management tool used for issues and bugs tracking system. It is widely used as an issue-tracking tool for all types of testing. This tutorial introduces the readers to the fundamental features, usage, and advantages of JIRA.
Is Jira free tool?
We offer a Free plan for Jira Software for up to 10 users, 2GB of storage, and Community Support. If you’d like to add more than 10 users or get access to more support and storage, you can sign up for a 7-day free trial of our Standard or Premium plan. … You can add and remove users as your team changes.
How much does Jira cost?
The Standard plan costs $7 per user, per month and accommodates up to 5,000 users, has unlimited single project automation and has a 250 GB file storage space. The Premium plan costs $14 per user, per month and includes additional features, such as audit logs, unlimited storage and 24/7 premium support.
How do you write a good bug description?
A good bug report should include the following information:
- Summary. The goal of summary is to make the report searchable and uniquely identifiable. …
- Overview/Description. …
- Steps to Reproduce. …
- Test Results. …
- Reduced Test Case. …
- Environment Setup and Configuration. …
- Any additional Information.
Is Bugzilla open source?
Buggie, Mascot of Bugzilla. Released as open-source software by Netscape Communications in 1998, it has been adopted by a variety of organizations for use as a bug tracking system for both free and open-source software and proprietary projects and products.
What should be in a bug report?
A good bug report should contain only one bug and be clear and concise yet informationally dense. It should contain environment details and user steps that allow the developer to reproduce the bug on his side. Without being able to reproduce the bug, developers are essentially stumbling in the dark.